Thursday, October 23, 2008

New Stories for 2008



Island of Adventures

By Carlos

One day me and my dad decided to go on shore and gather up some abalone and a couple of fish, so we did. We got on a canoe and started to hunt. Then suddenly the canoe started pitching all over the place. A big wave splashed right on top of us and the canoe flipped over.

When I swam to shore my dad wasn’t there. I tried to go back home but I didn’t know the way back. I went on my own. When I was walking, I felt forlorn thinking that my dad died back on shore but then I got over it.

That night I gorged down the abalone like a filthy animal. Then four wild dogs came and tried to get my abalone. I took a stick and whooped one on the head and the rest ran off to their lair.

The next day I was exhausted and overcome with all the walking I did.

The Dangerous Shark Cove

By Yetzamy

Once upon a time there was a girl names Jethzami. She had two pet sharks. She even had to put harnesses on them. When she woke up, she would always say that it was her destine to guard this island. Her sharks thought so too. Every morning she would swim with her sharks and when she was done swimming with them, she would take them to the lair and she pitched herself on the sofa made out of kelp. She would eat abalone for breakfast and fish for lunch and abalone and fish for dinner. She would get overcome from eating the same thing every day.

One day she went to play with her sharks and she saw that Sammy was the vainer sister and Monica was very nice and looked forlorn. She was going to feed them. They gorged their food. Jethzami thought about writing a book about a forlorn shark. She would dedicate it to Monica. So she did. She wrote the book and she kept her promise.

Then she went to New York where they were selling the book and they wanted to make a movie and she used Monica as the lead and they lived happily ever after.

Dangerous Island Adventure

By Mario

Once upon a time there was a kid named Bob. He was vainer. He used to be my best friend until we got into a fight. Now we are best friends again and we go on adventures and discover new stuff. Once we were thinking of going on our greatest adventure yet. He thought of sharks and I thought of caves. We thought of the greatest adventure ever. Bob’s dad once told us about a treasure under the sea but he told us not to go because it was dangerous.

Ten minutes later we were thinking of going but Bob was afraid of drowning. So, I told him, “You need to overcome your fear.” He said “OK.” I am an ace at swimming. Bob is too, but he is afraid of drowning. Before we went to the underwater lair we ate abalone. Bob gorged himself with his food. We saw a boat and then the cave pitched the boat back to the cove.

When we went under water we felt forlorn because the sharks were eating bountiful little fish. Then we kept on swimming until we got to the treasure. Then I got one necklace and I put it on. The next thing we knew we were surrounded by sharks. We fooled them and got away but the bad news is that we didn’t get the treasure but I still kept the necklace for a souvenir.

The Dangerous Island

By Kalyn

Sara lives peacefully with her family and friends. Her father is kind of handsome and has some money. He is the chief of their tribe. One day some people came from another island. They asked if they could have some abalone. Her father said, “Sure.” So they got some abalone. They turned their weapons on them. Sara was so scared. They said to give them all the abalone that was in the store. So they left after they got most of the abalone and killed her father. After that she was very forlorn.

So the new chief’s name was Chief Acedo. He insisted they go somewhere else to a safer home. So they packed up some things in baskets. Sara and her sister Jenny packed two boxes of jewelry. Jenny was vainer than Sara. Their little brother Andres helped them carry the baskets. They waited for the ship on the sand.

Soon the boat came. They all went aboard the ship. They were all aboard or so they thought. They were so hungry they gorged themselves until they couldn’t eat another bit. The boat started to pitch wildly. They were out about one foot when Sara noticed her brother wasn’t on the ship. She was overcome with sadness when he wasn’t on the ship.

No one would turn around to get him so she left her things on the ship and dived into the sea. When she got to shore, she was worried about Andres. When it was night they went out for food. Then they saw bountiful wild wolves. They ran off to their lair. They were very bulky animals. Sara and Andres were so tired that they plodded to find a place to sleep. Sara made an error to leave her things on the ship.

No comments: